Monday, August 6, 2012

Steady she goes

Baby girl is hanging in there!
Hopefully not literally...no messing with that umbilical cord!
I had a check the next day after my L&D visit and I hadn't changed, then another check the following Tues (7/31) at my OB, and no changes!
I don't know whether to feel relieved or upset by this...
I know, I know, the longer she bakes the better, and I completely agree.
However, thinking we could meet her so soon has made me even more anxious to meet her, and after everything that happened with Oliver I feel like a huge weight will be lifted off me once she's here, like she's *finally* safe.
I have definitely LOVED my pregnancy, seriously, it's been so great, but sooooooo scary at the time just because I feel like at any moment the ball could drop and we'll end up not being able to bring home our sweet baby again.

Hmmm...that was kind of a mini downer.
Enough of that.
Baby will come (according to her own schedule of course :)), and I will take one gazillion pictures to show you.
That's an exact number.
One gazillion.
And you will all fall in love with her, because she will be the most amazing beautiful baby you've ever seen :).

Since almost all of posts lately have been baby related I thought it would be a good idea to update you on what WE'VE been doing.
Although I warn you, it's not too exciting :).

Evan is having an awesome summer off of school and has been able to fully dedicate himself to his job.
He loves it.
Evan is the hardest worker I know, thankfully he has a job he loves, and works with some of the most amazing people, including his brother.
Those McBride boys, they love each other :).
Evan tells me all the time he already has his circle of four friends, two of which are his brothers, and he doesn't need any more.
Ha.
He's so lovable he still makes friends with everyone he meets.

Ev starts school again in the Fall though, and between his work and school, and my school, oh yeah, and a NEW BABY, we are going to be swamped.
And probably really tired.
He got accepted into the Finance program at BYU (good work babe!) and starts all of his business classes this year.
Which means we only have about a year and half to go!
And then maybe dental school.....oh boy!

I am still trucking along in school too....no rest for the weary!
I had hygiene friends tell me that school was hard, but you really have no idea until you're in the thick of it.
We're seeing patients right now, and while it's super fun to actually see people, if someone cancels on you or doesn't show up you fail clinic for that day, and if that happens more than once you fail the whole class, which means you're dropped from the program, yikes!
Lots of stress to say the least.
I love what I'm doing though, and it feels so great to be going into something I love.
My grandpa always told me, "Find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life."
I'm sure I won't love my job everyday :), but to love it most days is pretty awesome I think.

In other happy news our anniversary is tomorrow!  Yay!
Maybe I'll be ambitious and do a separate post about that....but probably not considering it's finals week....
We celebrated on Saturday since I knew I would have finals, and we have no idea when baby girl will make her arrival.
I'm really good about bed rest outside of school and take it super easy so we knew celebrating our anniversary probably wouldn't be too exciting....
We did however go out to eat ( I know, shame on us) BUT we just went to Red Lobster, and I was sitting the whole time, and technically it's even closer to the hospital than our home, and...I needed some good shrimp yo.
And it was delicious!
Coconut shrimp, the candy of the sea.
Afterwords we came straight home :).  Evan set up our blow-up mattress in the living room (we have no t.v. in our bedroom) and we cuddled and watched a movie.
And I fell asleep.
After the movie ended we moved to the bed for real sleep (I cannot sleep without my awesome pregnancy pillow!), and Evan watched some documentary while I snored away.
Did I mention I've started snoring now?  Thank you confined lung space.
Romantic, I know :).
But really, considering all our restrictions, it was seriously an awesome anniversary.
I wouldn't change a thing :).

That's about it for now.  I'll try to keep updated on baby girl.
They told us to make it a goal to get to 35 weeks, which was last Friday!
Now the goal is to get to 36 weeks, this Friday.
And then, if I'm still pregnant (I think I will be....) I have another Dr. appointment on Tues.

No comments:

Post a Comment