Sunday, August 26, 2012

Once upon a time

I used to write about things OTHER than the baby or pregnancy on this blog.
And now well....just go ahead and view the last few posts.
Baby and pregnancy.
So here's a little update on everything else.
School:
Clinic is the stress of my life and bane of my existence.
Seriously.
I LOVE seeing patients, love, love, love.
I do not loving having to find said patients.
Hard, hard, hard.
So a big shout out and thank you to anyone who has come.
Seriously, you've been a life-saver, because if I don't have patients, I don't pass. :(
Currently I'm also working on 3 60 minute presentations I have to give over the next three weeks, all for the same class.
Oh yeah, and sometime in the next two weeks I'm having a baby, so uh....not really sure how that's going to work out.... :) haha, we'll see!
Every time I take x-rays I get to wear this awesome 10 lb. lead apron to protect the babe.
And every time I take it off my lab coat is nice and damp and sweaty :).

This was during a break, promise :).

Our first day seeing patients!

Oh the joys of working on Dexter.

Kristy is such a good patient! :)

Crafts:
Remember once upon a time when I used to blog about crafting as well?
This is what I have crafted/sewed this pregnancy.
One carseat cover (that I've neglected to take a picture of) for baby girl.
And that's it.
Impressive huh?
Unless you want to count my maternity skinny jeans that I've repaired on numerous occasions because the seams keep coming apart.
I choose to believe this is because of poor workmanship on the part of the original seamstress, not because of my increasing weight gain.
No joke, as I was sitting on the couch yesterday baby girl gave a nice swift kick and I felt like the button on my pants came undone.
Only I don't have a button on my maternity pants.
So after some maneuvering around the belly to gain a better view, I discovered that another seam had in fact just ripped.
Sigh.
It's not visible, so I don't think I'll be fixing that one, plus hopefully I won't be wearing them too much longer.

Baby:
Oh come on, you didn't think I wouldn't update about the baby a little bit right?
She is nice and fat and strong.
And needs to make her appearance.
She sits real nice and low.
It feels like I've been kicked in the crotch, with a steel toe boot, by someone who hates babies.
Okay, maybe that's a little exaggerated, but you get the idea.
I have seriously had the best pregnancy, and loved every second of it, but I am so excited to meet this little sweet one and maul her with kisses.
But she seems pretty comfortable where she is, and I still technically have 12 days left.
Off to do some jumping jacks.

5 comments:

  1. I love your blog! So excited for this cute girl to get here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even tell you how happy it makes me to see you as a "almost" hygienist!! You're going to be so great!! And more importantly it makes me ecstatic to see you as a "almost" mom!!!! What a lucky little girl she will be! Good luck the next couple weeks! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you Savannah...seriously I am! I am also equally anxious to meet this sweetie pie! If you have medicine ball behind your back and up against a wall then bend both knees like your going to sit on a chair do it alot and it should help her head get into place and supposedly help kick start labor. I did that when pregnant with Grace and it worked for me.. but if not atleast you'll have an amazing butt and legs hahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wahoo!! You look hot in all your school pics - can't wait till that sweet one gets here! Tell her auntie Lisa says hello and it's time to come play! I'll say it to your belly myself next time I see you :)

    littlelisablogs@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear everything is going well for you in school and with the pregnancy. I think of you often. Only 5 days left til due date right? I'm so excited for YOU!!

    ReplyDelete