
My husband is a good man. I know, I know, all of you think your husbands are good men, but my husband is a GOOD man....sometimes to a downfall. Earlier this month we had discussed the possibility of getting all-sports passes (or at least Evan had suggested it ;)) so we could go to all of BYU's football games. I'm not going to lie, I think going to the football games is super fun...for about 2 hours, then I'm pretty done with it and ready to go home to my a/c, t.v., and free food. Evan however thrives on football (you should see his video from high school :)). After shortly discussing it, it was decided (not just by me!) that with a baby on the way, tuition due soon, buying books, not to mention our day to day bills, we could probably spend over $300 on something more worth while. Evan never mentioned it again, and I had all but completely forgotten about until this past week when I started getting super excited for the fall to come! College football is definitely part of fall and I knew Evan would like to go to at least some games. Which leads me to the happenings of the past two days.
I got online last night to look up when the first home game was and it's on Sept. 4, over labor day weekend. We always go to my home in Wyoming over labor day because there's this celebration called Rendezvous (amazingness! think mountain men, indians, and axe throwing competitions, haha). The game isn't until 5 on saturday, and it's only a little over a 2 hr. drive, so I knew we could leave Friday, spend the night, spend all of Saturday at Rendezvous and then head home around 2. I wasn't going to make up some excuse about having to be home by 5 for a visiting teaching appointment or something (don't worry, this was just the beginning of my lies), and Evan would be none the wiser, then when we got back to Provo I would surprise him by going to the game! We'll call this temporary lying, just so I feel better about it. So I purchase the tickets on my credit card that is not linked to mine and Evan's account so he wouldn't know. Well, when I purchased the tickets I had to log into Evan's BYU account (is that considered breaking and entering?) to purchase them. When I was checking out I didn't give it a second thought, entered my name, my email, our address and my card info, which I thought meant they would email ME the confirmation. Nope. 10 minutes later Evan checks his email and asks, "Babe, did you purchase me BYU tickets for next weekend?"
me-"No, why?"
ev-"Because I just got an email from BYU saying 'thanks for the ticket purchase, here's your reciept and confirmation'"
me-"Hmmm...weird, I bet they just messed up, we'll be Wyoming that weekend anyway."
~insert change of subject~
Evan didn't say anything else about it and I was just PRAYING he would let it go and forget about it. Nope. I get a call from him today at work.
ev-"Hey remember those tickets BYU emailed me about?"
me-"Tickets? Oh, um, yeah....."
ev-"Well I called the ticket place today to talk to them about it."
aw crap.
me-"okay...."
ev-"well I got the last 4 digits of the card that was used and wanted to make sure it wasn't one of your cards. I mean, I don't want to take anyone else's tickets since we didn't pay for them."
He continues to read out the digits which I already KNOW are my credit card.
ev-"is that one of your cards?"
me-"YES! It's my credit card you dork! I was trying to make it a SURPRISE!"
Haha! He then commences to tell the BYU ticket lady he had on the other phone we did purchase the tickets, his wife was just trying to make it a surprise. She got a good laugh. We did too :). So while I'm spinning my little web of lies, my dear sweet HONEST husband is trying to make things right :). I think I need to learn from his example.
He's excited :).
HAHAHA. That would have been such a good surprise. Kinda funny that Evan didn't pick up on what was going on until he was actually on the phone with the lady!! Love it.
ReplyDelete