So finding out we were expecting a little one in February was definitely a BIG surprise for me and Evan, but I've always LOVED surprises and this was no exception!!! So now we'll tell you how we found out our family was expanding a little sooner than planned :).
I'll rewind a little bit to two days before we found out. It was June 5th and Evan and I were visiting his family in Oakley. I was sitting talking on the couch with my sweet sister in law Anna and somehow pregnancy came up. We laughed and talked about what a big change that would be when it finally happened, and I emphasized a few times how I was NOT ready for that change yet (meanwhile God was laughing from up above knowing I was already expecting!).
Monday was a normal day for us. Evan went to work, and I was busy unpacking our new beautiful one bedroom apartment. He came home, we had dinner, watched a little television, and then went to get ready for bed. As we were getting ready to say our prayers I remembered this crazy dream I had the night before and was telling Evan about it (I always have crazy dreams and he always gets to hear about them :)) when in the middle of my dream telling he interrupts me and tells me he had a crazy dream the night before too (Evan NEVER remembers his dreams). So I asked if he remembered it and he said he did. He just said he had had a crazy dream that we were pregnant and didn't have any insurance (which is true! We have accidental insurance but not maternity insurance). I just laughed and told him how it's a good thing he's not premonitious. We said our prayers together and then we were saying our individual prayers, but I could not concentrate enough to pray! I kept thinking about Evan's dream and decided the only way I could get on with my prayers and go to sleep was to go take a pregnancy test and determine that I was in fact NOT pregnant. We had pregnancy test in our bathroom for just such an occasion so I went in, took the test, and waited the 3 torturous minutes for the result to show up. And then it did, double lines. I look at the box, back at the test, back to the box, hmmmm....so double lines means I'M PREGNANT!?!? I think I sat in the bathroom for about 10 minutes just staring at the test and the box. I think I was expecting my first reaction to be fear or terror or just a sick feeling, but it was quite the opposite! I just found myself grinning from ear to ear, I was so excited, shocked, but so excited!!! By the time I got my wits about me Evan was already fast asleep. I decided I needed some time to process this, and I wanted to be SURE I pregnant before I told him, so I planned on going back to bed going to sleep and then waking up before he did to go buy another pregnancy test and take it. But I could not go back to sleep! I sat up all night thinking about being pregnant, and having a baby, how much our lives would change, mostly for the better! My feelings were a roller coaster that night from fear to excitement. I spent most of the night praying, and eventually any doubts I had turned into a complete peace. Finally at about 5:30 a.m. I couldn't take it any more so I headed off to the grocery store. I went to Macey's and bought two more pregnancy tests and a roll of cinnamon rolls. I came home and waited patiently on the couch for Evan to wake up around 7:30 a.m. I spent most of the time on the computer researching EVERYTHING pregnancy. 7:00 came around I decided it was time to bake the cinnamon rolls and maybe he would wake up a little bit early to the wonderful smell. No such luck. 7:30 came and went and he still wasn't up! So I went in our bedroom and turned the fan off, he was up 5 minutes later :). I heard him get up, go the bathroom and start to get ready. Then he came out into the living to find me sitting wired on the couch. He just gave me the strangest look and asked if I was alright (I'm NEVER awake before him :)). I said I was doing great! So he went back to finished getting ready. I had wrapped the pregnancy test in a box along with the instructions that verified we were expecting, and then I had taken the cinnamon rolls so I could tell him we, "have a bun in the oven" haha :). He finally came out to living to give me a kiss good-bye and said he had to get to work so he'd just take a roll or two to go. But I pointed out he had a present to open too. He just gave me another strange look and asked me what the gift was for, and I said, "just because I love you :)". And then he opened the box. His eyes just got really BIG, and then he asked, "are you serious?" about 10 times! I just kept saying, "yes!" Finally I got out the two other pregnancy tests I had taken earlier and showed him they said the same thing :). I won't lie, I was nervous about what his reaction was going to be since I was so excited, but his reaction was wonderful :). He just gave me a big hug and a huge kiss and just kept hugging me. We had a cinnamon roll and sat down on the couch in stunned silence for a little while and then talked about what the next step was to figure things out. Half an hour later he left for work (not that he accomplished much that day :)), and I stayed home calling OBGYN's and the hospital and doing anything else I could think of. It really was such a wonderful day :). We feel very blessed by our Heavenly Father to be trusted with one of His sweet children. We know that even if it wasn't planned that everything happens on the Lord's timeline, not ours! We know that he will, and has been helping us every step of the way and we are SO EXCITED for this pregnancy, I love knowing that there is a sweet little person growing inside me, and we are very excited to meet this little person in just a few months!!!!
Love that story and I am sooo excited for you two. I would never be that creative and I would never be able to keep my mouth shut and not wake Ben up as soon as I found out. GOOD JOB :)
ReplyDeleteyah yah yah!!!! oh i'm doing barney jumps! so so excited for you! being pregnant is the greatest thing ever (once the sickness passes!) and not to mention meeting that perfect little person for the first time. its the greatest thing in the whole world, and no one can tell you about it! i can't wait for you to experience it and share it with all of us :) !!! congrats you guys! what a lucky little spirit he/she is.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you Savannah! You're going to be a great mom! The story about how you found out is really cute! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteSavannah!!! That's such a fun story! :) I'm so happy for you! But I'm also worried about insurance for you! :) How is that going? Did you find a plan? I hear that pregnancy is not a "pre-existing condition" so you can still get companies to cover you! :) Love ya!
ReplyDelete