We have had such a FUN Summer, filled with traveling, awesome family, road trips, and the addition of a new sister-in-law! We got to travel to Portland, OR (I am now practically begging Evan to choose OHSU for Dental school because I LOVE Portland so much!), and got to see Evan's brother Zeb, and his beautiful new bride Lisa sealed in the temple. It was such a beautiful ceremony. Each time I have the wonderful opportunity to attend a sealing I am reminded of the day Evan and I were sealed in the SLC temple just two years ago, and a wave of happiness and peace washes over me.
I love that man,
and I love that I have him forever.
These are some photos from the temple and reception.
Waiting for the happy couple to emerge!
Mmmmm....we love cake!
One of my favorites :).
So do you remember how I told you Lisa asked me to make her wedding cake? Well I did it for all three receptions (whew), but I only got pictures of the Portland and Oakley cakes.
So without further ado......my masterpieces:
Ta-da! I LOVED making these cakes, it was so fun, and I'm pretty much a master of those roses by now :).
Bride and Groom cutting into it!
Oh Red Velvet.
The Oakley Reception cake, I had never stacked and frosted a cake, so I think it turned out pretty good considering :).
I had to take it to the reception hall and then stack and decorate it there, so fun!
I know the top tier is a little cock-eyed, but don't worry I fixed it :).
The ruffles!
And the finished product.
Zeb and Lisa loved it, which is all I wanted :).
Oh, AND it tasted good too!












The cakes are awesome, good job. You look so beautiful in your pictures, i miss you so much.
ReplyDeleteWow, you did a beautiful job on the cakes! It looks so hard to do those flowers, but you did a great job! :) I second the comment above, you look so beautiful in all the pictures!
ReplyDeleteI am SO impressed!!! Those cakes are AMAZING!!!
ReplyDeleteseriously?! you have a natural talent at cake decorating! I am VERY impressed!
ReplyDeleteWow those cakes are amazing! Way to go girl!
ReplyDeleteOh and I nominated you for the versatile blogger award! You can find it here on my blog http://weliketolearnaswego.blogspot.com/2011/10/versatile-blogger-and-upcoming-giveaway.html
ReplyDelete