Monday, September 19, 2011

The perfect day.

Today has been the perfect day.
The weather was cool in the moring, warm in the afternoon, and just a perfect fall day.
Church was great, as always, but today was especially wonderful.
Today in Relief Society we learned about the post mortal spirit world, and it was the most amazing lesson.
It was one of those days that I felt every word was meant especially for me (even if the teacher had no idea who I was :)).
Without the gospel and knowledge of the plan of salvation I know I would have a completely different attitude about Oliver's passing.  I would be bitter, resentful, and angry.  I've seen many women going through a similar situation that battle these feelings everyday.
But today I felt so at peace.  I know my son is in a WONDERFUL place, and is so blessed to not have to deal with the trials and sorrows of this life.  I know he doing some amazing missionary work there, and I am SO proud of him, because if he's anything like his dad I know he's tearing it up :).
And among all the happy things I was reminded of today, this quote was shared as well, 

Latter-day prophets have said that the spirits of those who have died are not far from us. President Ezra Taft Benson said: “Sometimes the veil between this life and the life beyond becomes very thin. Our loved ones who have passed on are not far from us” (in Conference Report, Apr. 1971, 18; or Ensign, June 1971, 33). President Brigham Young taught that the postmortal spirit world is on the earth, around us (see Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Brigham Young [1997], 279).

I love my son.
And I love my husband.
And I love my family and friends.
After church we were able to have a delicious dinner with our great friends (whom we have spent all weekend with, lucky us!) Mike and Camilla, and of course their adorable children Gracie and Mikey.
We talked and laughed, and I felt happy.
When everyone went home Evan took me on a beautiful scooter ride up around the temple.
From up there on the hill you can see all the lights of Provo and Utah Lake, and it made me glad I was living in Provo (which is not always the case).
We drove around all the beautiful homes up by the temple and dreamed about owning a home like that one day, and picked and chose what we would take from each house.
(What do those people do for a living anyway!? Sheesh.)
And then we came back, sat on the couch and watched "The Great Food Truck Race" and "Iron Chef".
Loved today, love, love, love.


And just to leave you with a few pictures, I took these when we were up in Oakley in July.  
What a beautiful place.


 

1 comment:

  1. Savannah, you are a choice daughter, and your home has the sweetest spirit! There is no doubt in my mind that your sweet little boy loves his mommy and visits his parents often! You can feel it the moment you walk in, what special people you and Evan are! We are so glad to have such great friends like you! Thanks for enduring our crazy family! ;) lol. p.s I am craving sushi like everyday now!

    ReplyDelete