Thursday, July 29, 2010

Vegas, good-byes, and a birthday!

Well a lot has happened since I last wrote (7 months ago!), but we'll just start with what's been happening recently.
Evan goes to Vegas for work every few months and I just hate it! It's fun to get together and have dinner with some girl friends while he's gone, but I hate coming home and having to sleep alone in our apartment! Seriously, last time he left me I came home from dinner to an unlocked door (INEVER forget to lock our door) and got so freaked out I went and spent the night at my sisters. Haha, pathetic I know :), but still! So this time it was just him and his brother Ammon
going, and Evan actually invited me to come along! My birthday was coming up and he had been promising to take me to Phantom of the Opera for months, so I was super excited! We made the long journey to Vegas and ended up staying with my awesome aunt and uncle (in their AMAZING house with a pool!).
The boys headed out to their trade show for work and I went to lunch with my aunt, then took a much needed nap! After the boys got done we got ready and headed to the strip!
Me and Evan headed off for the phantom theater, Ammon tried his hand with lady luck :).
Waiting for phantom to start!
The chandelier at the beginning of the
opera.
I cannot say enough wonderful things about phantom! The theater is just incredible! And all the scenes and acting and singing! I was definitely blown away and would HIGHLY recommend going to see it! Afterwards we found Ammon and headed over to the Mirage for some dinner! At 11 pm in Vegas it was still over 100* outside! So we opted out of walking down the strip and drove down it with our a/c instead.
The next day we woke up early, fixed Evans car battery (it was so hot in vegas it killed the battery, literally!), had some breakfast and Hash House a-go-go, yum! And then decided to hit the road around 10 am, and it was already 114*, I have never felt heat like that!
In other news one of my best friends Alyse has left me to move with her hubby to east coast :(. Totally understandable, but I'm still going to miss her like crazy!!!
So this past weekend was Utah's (and Idaho, and Wyoming) celebration of Pioneer days. Evan talked me into going to Oakley for the celebration even though it was a
lso my birthday weekend, and I'm so glad he did! On our way down with Zeb and his lady we stopped for an amazing birthday dinner at Tepanyaki before getting on our way.
We did all the Oakley celebrations including the 3 on 3 tournament Evan loves to play in, early morning breakfast, parade and rodeo.
For a treat he also took me to the town opera house to see Bye Bye Birdie, I had never seen the musical so I didn't know what to expect, but I loved it! The opera house is amazin
g too, it's so old and small, it's like something out of the 1950's!
Sunday was my birthday so we woke up, went to church and then came home for the festivities. Evan ha
d me telling me he had surprises planned for me so I wasn't sure what was happening. We had an amazing lunch of Hawaiian haystacks (LOVE them), then opened my presents from his family. They are all so sweet! I wasn't even expecting anything. It was such a beautiful day we had eaten outside and after the gifts Evan's mom suggested we start the "games". We walked over to the side yard where I saw they had a PINATA! I was excited! After beating the poor pinata fish to death and eating it's insides we all sat down to some delicious ice cream cake! When all the festivities we done we packed up and got ready for our 4 ho
ur trip home! What a great las
t couple weeks it's been!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! You updated. Maybe we can both help each other stay on track. I am glad I made the blog! I'm going to miss you tons. Remember we have an extra room over here on the East coast. VISIT ME!!!

    ReplyDelete