Sunday, January 24, 2010

Funny Man


Me and Evan have almost been married for 6 months (Feb. 7th here we come!) and I just have to say marriage is everything I thought it would be....and so many things I was never expecting! Therefore I have dedicated this post to the things I have learned about marriage and my hubby, since updating you on my Anatomy class would put even me to sleep. :)

*Evan is the NICEST person in the world when he is awake, but man, he is a MEAN sleeper! There have been several occasions where I have been smacked, kneed, elbowed, pushed, and even told, "I don't feel like being touched right now!" Haha! My response is always lots of laughter, followed by rolling away and letting him have his space. When asked about it in the morning he never remembers a thing....supposedly :).
*He NEVER fails to open my door or let me know how excited he is to see me when he gets home from work. Love it.
*There is no more girl roommate drama! I didn't even realize how wonderful living with a BOY would be until about a month into it, and then I realized I had discovered the best thing ever.
*Evan is actually cleaner than me! Which I was NOT expecting! I mean, I'm a pretty clean person, but I when I get super swamped with homework...well we all know how that goes.
*Ok, so I dated this boy for 10 months before we got married and I NEVER saw that super competitive side of him until after we were married (he may have been hiding it because it can be slightly scary, and super hilarious). It only comes out when were playing games...with his family, haha! Catchphrase is a crazy game of the boys just screaming trying to get their clues accross and the girls attempting to hear their teammates while being hackled by the McBride boys....and we won't even mention what happens when we all get together to play Super Mario Bros. on the Wii....
*In his defense I'm pretty sure there are sides to me he didn't see until after marriage either...specifically my emotions (I may have also been hiding this because it can be slightly scary, and super hilarious)! I cry at hallmark commercials, sad or romantic movies, when school gets SUPER overwhelimng, or well, many other occasions :). He's never the source of my tears but is always there with tissues, comforting words and warm arms until my crying ceases.
*He will do anything for me, including making dinner while I'm still studying even though he's just had a long day at work, massaging my back after a long day of walking all accross campus, eat food that I've completely ruined (spaghetti sauce I made with grape CONCENTRATE instead of grape JUICE, BIG difference there!), calls me twice a day, and never fails to tell me how much he love love loves me :) (that's my favorite).
*I'm pretty sure even though I'm loving living with a boy, he's still getting used to living with a girl! He'll tease me and start to tickle or wrestle with me then the next thing I know I'm pinned, unable to move or breathewith this and starting to turn purple, only then will he realize that I'm about to die and ease up :), haha, I then of course get profuse apoligies.
*The downside of not living with girls is all the chatting that goes on, girls can talk FOREVER! My wonderful husband fully recognizes that I am one of these girls and lets me vent when I need to, chat about nothing, or just bounce ideas off of him when needed. And he does all of this with no complaint, a smile on his face, and maybe even other things on his mind, but I don't really care, because sometimes, I just need someone to talk to :).

Everything having been said I LOVE marriage and all it's funny little moments, they're what make me so happy and excited to live not only everyday but that I get to have FOREVER with this man, how lucky am I!?!?

4 comments:

  1. too cute! i love this and how happy you are! you totally deserve it.. so its a good thing evan is being good to you or i might have to throw down. :) i miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Savannah...he sounds like a great guy!! Thanks for the comment on my blog! I love your blog! I just finished reading ALL your posts and loved them! My favorite post was the story about when he proposed to you. So cute! I also loved this post when you said how he is a mean sleeper...Haha! I'm so happy for you! Thanks for letting me read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fannanah- LOVE this post, I'm laughing out loud while reading to Ammon. Especially about Evan being a mean sleeper, mario wii, and the grape juice. Hilarious. So glad you guys are happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I'm glad you are having a good first year of marriage. I didn't really realize how hard my first year was until later in marriage but we had a lot of adjusting to do. I'm SUCH a girl, and he's SUCH a guy. We just had to adjust to eachother.

    P.S. My husband is SUPER competitive at the Wii too- Mario Kart is his most hardcore game. I can't help but laugh when he get flustered.

    ReplyDelete