Friday, February 27, 2009

Falling Flatt


Born and bred on a cattle ranch in Wyoming, I naturally have a tendency towards the country lifestyle, including the largely abhorred country music. Of all these "inbred" and "twangy" country singers my favorite by far is Rascal Flatts. I admittedly sing loud and proud (mostly in my car, by myself) to all of their songs, I seriously cannot get enough. Lucky me, tonight just so happened to be their concert at the Energy Solutions Arena in SLC. I have been very anxiously (and impatiently) awaiting their concert for the past two weeks, since I got the tickets as part of an AMAZING Valentines gift, from none other than the wonderful Evan McBride.
Side note: The rest of the gift included red roses, a sweet card, AND handwritten poem delivered to my work (if you would like to hear the poem, and trust me, you probably do, you'll just have to ask me in person).
I'm pretty sure Evan knew nothing of my undying fanatic love towards the band (which he does now), only that I liked them, otherwise he may have thought twice about accepting my invite to come to the concert with me (since he did buy 2 tickets...). Moral of the story: Know what you're getting into before you ever go to a country music concert with a country music fan. Period. At the sight of fireworks and flames in the opening number I nearly ripped the Evan's arm off with excitement. Throughout the whole show I'm sure I had the dumbest smile of pure joy on my face, and I think I told him I loved Rascal Flatts about 500 times, and also found it necessary to state at the beginning of each new number, " I LOVE this song!" Which is assuredly true. As a disclaimer, all the other concerts I had been to were at the county fair, where the only flames you see are in the cigarette of the man standing next to you. Ew. Not that tonight was without those infamous "two-fisted, beer drinking, hicks" (direct quote from Rascal Flatts), they were at least void of the second hand toxic fumes. Despite what I may have just made it sound like, this concert was definitely the best date I've been on (selfishly so, I'm sure) and most amazing concert I've seen. Loved, loved, loved it. And loved Evan for being so patient and kind and sitting through it with me, which just goes to show, only the good ones endure.

4 comments:

  1. Man, I wish I could have gone. Sounds like you had a great valentines day...and perhaps you have a great boyfriend! I do want to hear the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, this isn't Eli, it's really Cherie, I guess he was signed into google, and not me. Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  3. quite blogging about how perfect your life is and talking about yourself. ha!!
    kinda naughty.. but funny, eh?!! love you girl.. gonna miss you like CRAZY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Savannah I just read the good news on facebook! I am so happy for you. Being married is wonderful, and kiddos are even better!! I hope all the planning goes well, and good luck with it all. If you need anything let me know... I have tons of stuff left over from our wedding (chocolate fountains, flowers, dresses, ect.) anyway, have a good one!

    ReplyDelete