Thursday, June 9, 2011

Gettin Roudy


 If you didn't get to experience Spanish Fork's first ever Wild West Days this past weekend you missed a hootin, hollerin good time!  It was such a beautiful weekend, and this was the perfect way to begin our Summer, or at least what felt like it :).
Waiting for the Wild West Show to begin!

 We watched some duck herding!  I loved how they were put in "jail" in the beginning :), and then the dog actually herded them into the little covered wagon.
 And of course what would Wild West Days be without some pig racing and swimming!
I loved these little miniature donkeys racing around the arena.
 And this is who we call fire crotch, I'm sure his wife is so please that this is what he does for a living :).
These were siblings, the girl was 16, and the boy was 10.  They were doing some CRAZY trick riding.  The girl was upside down for most of the time, and the little boy went between hopping off the horse, and then riding him standing up. 
I was in awe and I think I may be making a career change soon.

In other news we also started a garden!  Last year we lived in a place that had a balcony so I thought it would be so fun to grow some flowers......epic fail.  I seriously kill every plant I come into contact with.  Does anyone else have this problem, or am I the only one with the black thumb?
Well for Mother's Day this year I recieved a little tomato plant, hmmmmm, we no longer have a balcony, and our apartment is tiny, so I was a little worried.  Well it thrived (miracle!) and the time came to actually plant it.  Evan and I decided we may as well grow a few more things while we're at it!  He got a tomato plant to compete with mine (and his is definitely winning right now), and then we also got a jalapeno plant (I LOVE jalapenos), and then a strawberry plant.  So far there has been no fruition...but they're also still alive, so I figure it's a win-win.
Aaaaaand...I know for the past few blogs I've been saying I would post some of my latest crafts once I wasn't so lazy busy.  Well folks, today's that day :)!

 These were actually some of the first projects I sewed, but I took pictures of them with my phone and just barely figured out how to get those pictures OFF of my phone, whew!  So here they are :).  I made the little elephant and giraffe for my adorably sweet nephew Gavin.  I have since been informed that he loves to chew on them, mission accomplished.


 Another friend of ours is having a baby girl soon and so I decided to make her this little owl pillow.  I love it so much I kind of just want to keep in on my bed :), but I won't.  I also plan on making her a car seat cover (I found the most amazing fabric ever! Can't wait to show you!), and some more little dragon booties, only girly style :).

 Oh yes, the chandelier I made that took about 20 hours, a whole roll of wax paper, hand cutting over 600 circles, yet it's still not quite full enough, and gave me the nice scissor mark bruise on my thumb.  Why do you ask, did I hand cut them with scissors instead of using a circle cutter?  Well my friends, the wax paper is so thin that the darn cutters just kept tearing them!  Ahhh!!!  But it's okay now, I have a kind of cool chandelier in my living room, and frankly, anything was better than the nipple light.

 My nephews LOVE angry birds!  Almost every time I see Cole he is either playing or talking about Angry Birds, and while Mason is still a tad to little to play them on the iphone, he still talks about them too, "angy buds"  So for Easter I couldn't resist making them a set of plush angry birds, and I love how they turned out!  The best part-they love them too :), and sometimes request to sleep with them which just melts my heart.


 This sweet little thing is my niece, and she is the naughtiest, funniest, sweetest little girl.  And yes that's a marker in her hand, I'm a good aunt like that, but don't worry I don't let her eat them, just sniff them....occasionally....right before I send her home.  Okay, not really, but on a side note, does anyone remember those smelly markers they used to make, you know they supposedly smelled like chocolate, or strawberry, or lemon.  Worst idea ever? I think so.
 I took about 40 shots of this little girl and could NOT get her to still, until I turned on the T.V.  Thank you Little Einsteins.
 And once she was still I was able to finally capture this picture of her so that I could show you the super cute ruffly back of her dress.....that I made her!  I was seriously so proud, it was the first thing I made without a pattern, and let's face it, I can't resist those ruffles, especially on a bum that cute!


 Which brings me to my next and definitely favorite project I've ever made, and it was just for me :).  I made this without any pattern, and just kinda winged it, luckily.....it turned out pretty great!

 Yes, I also happen to love huge bows :).
 And let's not forget those delicious ruffles :).

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I love that you call it the nipple light. I think of that every time I look at those things. Good idea to cover it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your crafts! I wish I was as crafty as you!

    ReplyDelete