It's about time I updated this thing! It's been a few weeks, so I'll start with the oldest news and move from there :).
At then end of February I completed my cake decorating class, and I absolutely LOVED it! If you're interested in taking the class here's the info:
betheicingonthecake.blogspot.com
Lindsey is an AWESOME teacher and I really did love the class. Here are my last two creations from the class-
This cake is from week #3
This cake is from week #4, our last class, and was by far the most delicious one I made. Yum! I love me some berries!
Here are my latest attempts at craftiness too, or at least some of them.
I made these monster/dragon slippers for my three nephews and I love them so much! Since I made these ones I had to make another pair for my friend Amanda who just had the most adorable little boy Emmett, and another pair for my friend Brooke who expecting a sweet bundle of joy this April. What can I say, I LOVE making baby things :).
I made this car seat cover for my sister-in-laws sister-in-law, who's going to have a sweet little girl soon. I love love love this fabric and the cute little flowers!
This hooded "bear" towel is by far my favorite thing that I've made! It is sooooooo soft, and just plain cute. I made this for Brooke too, I hope her little boy loves it as much as I do!
This past weekend Evan and I were able to travel up to Rexburg for my old roommate Gayle's wedding and we had an AMAZING time! Evan's friend from Oakley Jesse and his wife Brooke were kind enough to let us stay with them and host for a weekend. I didn't know either super well before we went up, but before the end of the first night Evan and I were wishing we all lived so much closer! They are such awesome people and great friends! We'll definitely be wanting to make more trips to Rexburg (and maybe even Texas this Summer!), and have them come to Provo and stay with us sometime very soon! We started off Friday night by going to the Pineapple Grill (I think that's what it was called), and had some seriously amazing sushi. Evan is NOT a sushi lover, and I saw the fear cross his face when Jesse and Brooke mentioned we were going to some divine sushi. All fears quickly vanished though with his first bite :). We all swapped rolls and everything I put into my mouth was seriously great. I'm hoping this is a new beginning for Ev and I can get him to try some more sushi places around here, hopefully we can find a good one! After sushi we all came back and played a few (like 6 or 7!) rounds of monopoly deal. If you have not played this game you should! It's only $5 at walmart, and is hours of fun! Well at least for the people who are winning :). Saturday we woke up to some yummy cinnamon rolls made by some of the best hosts ever (thank you again!) and then we left to go to Gayle's sealing.
The sealing ceremony was so wonderful, Gayle and Ben looked so happy and definitely had that 'newlywed glow' going on. The sealer said so many wonderful things, and although I know it was all directed at Gayle and Ben, he definitely said some things that were great for me to hear and be reminded of.
After the sealing and Gayle's delicious dinner, we came back to Jesse and Brooke's and headed out to see a waterfall, but not before Evan showed off his awesome RC car to Jesse :). We decided to take the scenic route to the waterfall and only a couple of miles away from actually reaching it we were stopped by a completely snow covered impassible road. Darn! We headed back to the highway to go the falls that way, but the snow was so high all the signs were covered and we never did see how to get there! We were so close to Yellowstone that we decided to just drive all the way there. We entered Montana (Evan and I have never been!) and then on to Yellowstone! It's all closed off during the winter, but we still got the picture by the sign, and decided we'll all just have to take another trip up there when it's warmer. I'm a little ashamed to say that I'm from Wyoming and have never been Yellowstone (Evan either). Something that we'll have to remedy soon!
On our way back to Rexburg we stopped at Jud's Burgers (or something like that) for some good burgers and fries, or onion rings in mine and Brooke's case. Jud's has been featured on 'Man vs. Food' for their giant burger, and Evan and Jesse decided to give it a shot to get their pictures on the wall. They shared a double burger, which means they each 1lb. of beef! Artery blocking? Yes! Delicious? Yes! Regretted? No! Well maybe a little regret for the boys later that night. They definitely succeeded and both got their pictures on the wall of fame :). A great way to end the night. We came back, watched some movies and went to bed. We headed out the next day, but not before another awesome breakfast. Hopefully we'll see them again soon! Enjoy the pics.


Such a BEAUTIFUL bride!
Evan and I at the dinner.
I feel like this picture doesn't do the burger justice, because it was HUGE!
P.S. I just found out yesterday, I was accepted into the dental hygiene school and will be starting April 4th!
At then end of February I completed my cake decorating class, and I absolutely LOVED it! If you're interested in taking the class here's the info:
betheicingonthecake.blogspot.com
Lindsey is an AWESOME teacher and I really did love the class. Here are my last two creations from the class-
This cake is from week #3
This cake is from week #4, our last class, and was by far the most delicious one I made. Yum! I love me some berries!
Here are my latest attempts at craftiness too, or at least some of them.
I made these monster/dragon slippers for my three nephews and I love them so much! Since I made these ones I had to make another pair for my friend Amanda who just had the most adorable little boy Emmett, and another pair for my friend Brooke who expecting a sweet bundle of joy this April. What can I say, I LOVE making baby things :).
I made this car seat cover for my sister-in-laws sister-in-law, who's going to have a sweet little girl soon. I love love love this fabric and the cute little flowers!
This hooded "bear" towel is by far my favorite thing that I've made! It is sooooooo soft, and just plain cute. I made this for Brooke too, I hope her little boy loves it as much as I do!
This past weekend Evan and I were able to travel up to Rexburg for my old roommate Gayle's wedding and we had an AMAZING time! Evan's friend from Oakley Jesse and his wife Brooke were kind enough to let us stay with them and host for a weekend. I didn't know either super well before we went up, but before the end of the first night Evan and I were wishing we all lived so much closer! They are such awesome people and great friends! We'll definitely be wanting to make more trips to Rexburg (and maybe even Texas this Summer!), and have them come to Provo and stay with us sometime very soon! We started off Friday night by going to the Pineapple Grill (I think that's what it was called), and had some seriously amazing sushi. Evan is NOT a sushi lover, and I saw the fear cross his face when Jesse and Brooke mentioned we were going to some divine sushi. All fears quickly vanished though with his first bite :). We all swapped rolls and everything I put into my mouth was seriously great. I'm hoping this is a new beginning for Ev and I can get him to try some more sushi places around here, hopefully we can find a good one! After sushi we all came back and played a few (like 6 or 7!) rounds of monopoly deal. If you have not played this game you should! It's only $5 at walmart, and is hours of fun! Well at least for the people who are winning :). Saturday we woke up to some yummy cinnamon rolls made by some of the best hosts ever (thank you again!) and then we left to go to Gayle's sealing.The sealing ceremony was so wonderful, Gayle and Ben looked so happy and definitely had that 'newlywed glow' going on. The sealer said so many wonderful things, and although I know it was all directed at Gayle and Ben, he definitely said some things that were great for me to hear and be reminded of.
After the sealing and Gayle's delicious dinner, we came back to Jesse and Brooke's and headed out to see a waterfall, but not before Evan showed off his awesome RC car to Jesse :). We decided to take the scenic route to the waterfall and only a couple of miles away from actually reaching it we were stopped by a completely snow covered impassible road. Darn! We headed back to the highway to go the falls that way, but the snow was so high all the signs were covered and we never did see how to get there! We were so close to Yellowstone that we decided to just drive all the way there. We entered Montana (Evan and I have never been!) and then on to Yellowstone! It's all closed off during the winter, but we still got the picture by the sign, and decided we'll all just have to take another trip up there when it's warmer. I'm a little ashamed to say that I'm from Wyoming and have never been Yellowstone (Evan either). Something that we'll have to remedy soon!
On our way back to Rexburg we stopped at Jud's Burgers (or something like that) for some good burgers and fries, or onion rings in mine and Brooke's case. Jud's has been featured on 'Man vs. Food' for their giant burger, and Evan and Jesse decided to give it a shot to get their pictures on the wall. They shared a double burger, which means they each 1lb. of beef! Artery blocking? Yes! Delicious? Yes! Regretted? No! Well maybe a little regret for the boys later that night. They definitely succeeded and both got their pictures on the wall of fame :). A great way to end the night. We came back, watched some movies and went to bed. We headed out the next day, but not before another awesome breakfast. Hopefully we'll see them again soon! Enjoy the pics.


Such a BEAUTIFUL bride!
Evan and I at the dinner.
I feel like this picture doesn't do the burger justice, because it was HUGE!P.S. I just found out yesterday, I was accepted into the dental hygiene school and will be starting April 4th!
Yeah and congrats on your acceptance into dental hygiene school! Speaking of which, I have that follow up appt with the dentist today to see if I really do have any cavities...I hope not. Also, we had a great time having you guys here and can't wait to get together again!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on being accepted! That's awesome. Can I just say that you are very talented at all those crafts and cake decorating!! I'm really impressed!
ReplyDeleteaww!! SO MUCH FUN!! & CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS on the Dental Hygiene program you are gonna rock it! p.s. those cakes look amazing
ReplyDelete