We had an AWESOME thanksgiving break spent with my family in Wyoming. I actually didn't take to many pictures (oops...)but here are a few that I did take, and highlights of what we've been up to lately:
Me and my sweet sister Emma and our niece Hazely :)
Hazely LOVES to play the piano!
How do you not love this sweet face? Delicious!
Me and my sweet sister Emma and our niece Hazely :)
Hazely LOVES to play the piano!
How do you not love this sweet face? Delicious!- We had some seriously awesome food and such a good time with my family :). I miss them tons, especially the little ones because they grow SO FAST, so I love getting to see them.
- I rocked Evan in Tanks. It's a game on the Wii and we stayed up till the wee hours of the morning playing it. I normally suck, I mean really suck, at anything to do with video games, so I was pretty proud :).
- We drove home to Provo Thursday night so that we could go black friday shopping the next day. We actually ended up going to the mall and walmart(whoa) at midnight to check out their sales and it was pure chaos! I had never been black friday shopping and neither had Evan so we were pretty shocked at how nutso people get. We ended up leaving and heading to Denny's (thank you 24hr service :)) for some early breakfast and then went home to sleep. We got up a little later, well...maybe a lot later :) and headed to the mall for the best shopping ever! Most of the deals were done, but it had been FOREVER since Evan and I had bought anything for ourselves (except for the few maternity things I got that are useless now :)), so we had a great time. I need to take a moment to praise and brag about my husband here...he was pretty much done shopping after the first store, but I dragged him around to almost every other store in the mall trying on dozens of things for a few more hours, and he never uttered one word of complaint! He'd walk around with me, helping me pick out things and watched me try everything on....I seriously love that man!
- On Saturday we went on a double date with Evan's sister Becky and her husband Matt. So fun!!! We went to sushi and then to see the new Harry Potter movie. Another shameless plug for my husband here because he does NOT like sushi, but I LOVE it, and we almost never go out to get it (like this was only the second time ever), but he suffered through, just for me :). Neither of us were too into Harry Potter, we hadn't ever read the books, and I've only seen one Harry Potter movie before this one, but the movie was pretty good, and easy to follow even though neither of us knew anything about the books.
- This past Saturday, Dec. 4th, Oliver would have been two months old :). I can't help but to wonder what I would normally be blogging about my two month old...how he was trying to roll over, he was smiling, still not sleeping through the night,....I know it's not productive, and I know my son is right where he needs to be and in the best hands :), but sometimes as a mom I would like to be selfish and just have my little boy with me. Oh that note I'll give you an update on how I'm doing with everything. I feel better and better, the days and weeks between my little crying breakdowns are becoming fewer and farther between. I still feel sad when I think about him, but I feel happy too. I'm happy HE'S my little boy, I wouldn't trade him for anything. I get excited when I think about what the future holds for our family, and how this life is not the end. We have so much to look forward to :). Happy two months Oliver :), I love you so much, I miss you everyday, and I can't wait to be with you again. I am so proud and feel so honored to be your mom. Thank you for choosing me, you have already blessed my life and those who've known you so much. You are my special little spirit, how blessed I am to have you as my son.
- In other news Evan is gearing up for finals, I'm in the middle of my application for dental hygiene school, and we're both SUPER excited for the upcoming break! I LOVE this time of year and having the opportunity to find ways to bring Christ into CHRISTmas. If any of you have any ideas or traditions feel free to share! We're still so newly married that we're trying to find what new traditions we want to set up in our own home.
Hello Savannah! It's so nice to read your blog posts. You are such a positive, spiritual person! :) I am so sorry for what you've been through these last 2 months. But, to see how positive you are about it is awesome! You are such a strong person! I'm not sure I could be so strong. I love ya and hope and pray thing will continue to be easier for you :)
ReplyDeleteSavannah, I love your hair! It looks so great. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving break. Good luck with dental hygiene school applications--how exciting!!
ReplyDelete