Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Time!!!

First and foremost, Merry (late) Christmas to everyone! We had such an awesome Christmas vacation this year! We were able to go to Oakley to celebrate with Evan's family, and all of his siblings were there so we had an awesome time! I'll just start off with the pictures since there's so many :).


My amazing mother-in-law Jeana saved our the top of our wedding cake and froze it for us. We weren't able to actually enjoy it when our one year anniversary rolled around, so we got to enjoy it over Christmas break!
We were a little skeptical of how it would taste (in the freezer for over a year? hmmm.....) but it was actually pretty good!
Our yummy raspberry center!
Over break Evan drove us to Twin Falls. We had an awesome dinner and then he surprised me by taking me a place called Nazzcart. It was SO FUN! I LOVE that man and his sweet little surprises :). They had carts there that you drove around this track (obviously :)), but these things were fast! I had an awesome time, and despite all my efforts to put the pedal to metal, Evan lapped me twice, haha!
Look at that beautiful tree and all those awesome gifts!
We spent Christmas morning watching these two sweet boys tear apart the wrapping paper.

On our way back to Provo, we stopped in SLC to meet up with Zeb and Lisa (love them!), grab some yummy dinner, and see the lights at temple square. Zeb and Evan riding trax over to the temple.
Me and Lisa riding the trax. This was only my second time ever riding the trax and I think it was her first :).
Pretty dang cute.
I definitely married the best looking guy on the planet.

Definitely my favorite picture of the night!
I love all the decorations they put around temple square this time of year.

Christmas break has been so fun and relaxing for us (and it's not over yet :))! Evan finally finished out his super busy semester (thank goodness), and we were just able to enjoy each other and our family. We spent a lot of the break playing games, chatting away, and just relishing our time together. My favorite part of spending Christmas in Oakley was that we got to see our sweet little boy Oliver and wish him a Merry Christmas as well. On Christmas day when we went to see him, I cried at his grave and thought about how much I missed him, Evan gave me a sweet hug and just said, "Thank you Jesus". Never has the great meaning of Christmas meant more to me than it did in that sweet moment. I was feeling sad over the loss of our son, when Evan so gently reminded me that it was also a very appropriate time to be celebrating the birth of another little boy, Jesus Christ. Because of His birth and death the loss of my sweet sweet Oliver is only temporary, I get to have him forever. Heavenly Father had to experience the loss of His Son, so that the loss of mine wouldn't be so devastating. I feel like no one knows the pain, or happiness I feel over Oliver better than Him. What a happy time for all of us! To be able to ponder on the birth of our Savior has been the ultimate Christmas present for Evan and I this year. On our way home we were also able to stop at the monument place and finally get our boy a headstone :). It's a hard thing to do, to buy a headstone for your son, but it felt great to finally get it done. It's a sweet little gray granite stone that's up off the ground. It has a touching picture of Jesus Christ holding a little baby, I couldn't have asked for a more fitting stone. We're still waiting to approve everything, but if all goes to plan the headstone will read:

Families are Forever
Oliver Charles McBride
October 4, 2010-
October 4, 2010
Son of Evan and Savannah

and then the picture of Christ is off to the right. It won't be put in until the spring, but I can't wait to see it :).
I hope everyone had a very WONDERFUL Christmas season, and that it was filled with love, family, comfort, happiness, and an eternal gratitude for our Savior. May you all have a Happy New Year!



P.S. Evan got me the MOST AMAZING Christmas present!!! Pictures of it, and what it has produced to come soon :).

1 comment:

  1. Savannah,
    I have been so touched by your comments about your son, Oliver. I have been moved to tears many times and wish I could give you a hug. I have been scared to tell you my good news but after reading your most recent post I feel you are complete in your sincere wishes for love and happiness in others lives just as you and Evan have been blessed!
    So with that being said I want to share my love and excitement by telling you I am pregnant!!! Tyson and I are having a baby boy April 20th. Yes we have a name picked but we are not sharing it till he is born due to personal reasons... I.e. nosy and bossy family and friends who despite their good intentions can sometimes offend. This way we avoid all that and once he's born and named then that's that.
    I hope not to hurt you by our news but I still consider You one of my special friends and wanted you to know. I love you and wish both you and Evan a happy new year with lots of love, laughter and over flowing with blessings!!
    Megan Johnson

    ReplyDelete