I titled this after my sweet boy, but really this is dedicated to anyone who has experienced the loss of a precious baby. Whether it be through tubal pregnancy, miscarriage, still birth, premature birth and death, or otherwise. I know I'm not the only one who's suffered a loss like this, and any loss, no matter the gestation or age of the little one is still a loss, and equally as difficult for the person experiencing it. I know several women who have experienced these things, some them very close family and friends, and some of them have experienced it multiple times. Again, thank you everyone for your prayers of comfort and support today, you have no idea how much they mean to us, and how loved we feel.

Oliver Charles
Those tiny fingers on my hand,
I can't help but to stare
They're perfect, like my love for you,
So delicate and rare.
I kiss your head, you feel so cold,
Let me wrap you tight
And confess my every dream for you,
Waiting for mornings light.
I hoped to come at every cry,
That little face to see
But the only weeping that is heard,
Alone in your room is me.
I wanted to fix your every scrape,
And send you on your way
But your the one from up above,
Assuring us it's okay.
I've longed for you my little babe,
And how our lives would be
But to look beyond your tiny grave,
It's difficult to see.
A broken heart and saddened soul,
Hardly seem to explain
The overwhelming emptiness of
Sorrow and of pain.
But there is One from up above,
Who wore the crown of thorns
And with the cross upon His back,
Our sorrows He has born.
Because of His love for you and I,
We have eternal life
To live as a family with Him there,
Departed from worldly strife.
We feel so blessed you've chosen us,
And come from up above
What a special spirit that you are,
You've blessed us with your love.
And when that morning light shines in,
that we've been waiting for
You'll see us waiting, open arms,
Triumphant at the door.
So sleep my boy, I'll hold you close,
And leave you with one last kiss
Until we meet again beyond the veil
to live in Heaven's bliss.
~Savannah McBride
That was beautiful. I'm glad you're feeling happiness today and are able to go to the temple. Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteI am glad it was good, and I hope the rest of the day was good as well. That was incredible, you are so very talented!!
ReplyDeletebeautiful
ReplyDeleteLove that poem. Thanks for sharing something so deeply personal. So beautiful and inspired, Savannah.
ReplyDeleteThank you for that beautiful poem. I am glad you posted it. I admire your strength and testimony Savannah!
ReplyDelete