Thursday, June 25, 2009

Another Summer day has come and gone away, in even Paris and Rome...

So I managed to live for 5 weeks in Europe and come back all in one piece!  Yeah!!!  Europe was awesome to say the least!  But I'm not going to lie, being back with Evan has been even better :).  Okay, okay, I won't make you gag :).  There were so many things I did and have seen in Europe I won't bore you all with a super long post, but here were some of the highlights:
  • Four wheeling on the Greek Islands
  • Gondola ride in Venice
  • White water rafting through the Swiss Alps in Austria
  • Seeing the affects of WWII in Germany
  • Castles in Prague
  • Windmills in Amsterdam
  • Eating raw fish in Amsterdam.......never to be repeated
  • Belgium chocolate, and waffles!
  • Getting lost at midnight for 2 hours on the sketchy streets of Paris....almost died (seriously though)
  • Laying on the beaches of Nice (France), Barcelona, and Greece
And here are some things I learned along the way:
  • Breakfast=bread, cheese, jam, and some unidentifiable meat
  • Nudity and PDA is everywhere...seriously, they're not shy
  • Along with the above bullet, every beach is a nude beach, EVERY beach
  • Venice stinks, but you get used to it
  • American pizza is MUCH better than Italian pizza (this is a matter of opinion of course :)), but you still have to try the Italian pizza
  • Italian pasta however is amazing, not mention the GELATO!
  • Germans and the French are the NICEST people...yes, I said the French
  • Raw fish will make you want to throw up instantly, even if you claim to have to gag reflex
  • ALWAYS carry a map and directions to your hotel
  • Tap water does not exist, you will pay for it
  • Nutella is divine
  • Shower heads that attach to a wall are a luxury, especially if they have a shower curtain or door!
  • I will never understand bidet's
  • Bathrooms are not free, and even when you pay, you're not guaranteed to get a toilet seat with it
  • Never EVER walk on the bike path, you will die
Plus a TON more, haha.  It was a ONCE IN A LIFETIME experience and I loved every second!!!  I highly recommend going!  As for my favorites, Greece had the best beach, Austria was my favorite country (unfathomably beautiful), Germany/France had the kindest people (with Italy having the rudest-but still not that bad), Pompeii was my favorite landmark, and Paris was by far my favorite city.  Well that's about all I have for now, and I'm on Evan's computer, not mine, so I can't upload pictures, but I will my next post!  Plus anything else I think of!

1 comment:

  1. Savannah, I am so jealous. It sounds like an awesome experience. This is probably the best summer of your life. 5 weeks in Europe and getting married! Let me know if you need any help with anything.

    ReplyDelete